Are you a senior in Laguna Beach looking for fitness and exercise program?
Our Laguna Beach personal trainers are helping seniors exercise and become more healthy and fit through specific senior exercise and workout programs.
Do you suffer from arthritis, heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, low back pain, or any other hosts of ailment?
Are those normal day to day activities like bathing, dressing, eating, and just moving around getting harder?
Do you tend to lose your balance, and not feel as stable or grounded on your own 2 feet?
Has your doctor recommended that you start an exercise and workout routine?
Are you having a hard time figuring out what exercises and workouts you should be doing?
Is your current workout routine not fulfilling your needs, or working any more?
You may be asking yourself what do I do?
If you are looking to improve and/or uphold your quality of life, then you need to get on a proper exercise and nutrition program.
You see, we all have activities that we do daily that are instrumental to our survival. Our basic necessities include food, water, and shelter. Now as you age, certain things become harder. Your body starts to decline and you begin to notice impairments that cause you to struggle with everyday tasks. Cardiovascular disease and musculoskeletal dysfunction, like arthritis, have a profound effect on your functional capacity. Inactivity and improper or inadequate nourishment can increase the risk factors and hasten the onset of chronic disease like arthritis, hypertension, heart disease, hearing impairments, orthopedic impairments, cataracts, sinusitis, and diabetes. Research has shown that it is possible to reverse these effects. Therefore, it is imperative that you take of your body through proper nutrition and exercise, which is why we have specific programs for senior exercise, health and fitness.
In order to enhance your quality of life, you need to begin with the end in mind. This means have specific goals that you want to achieve. When you have goals, it’s easier to stay motivated. With that said, begin with a plan. Plan your meals, plan your workouts, plan out your days. Specifically, I will workout on this day, at this time, and do these exercises. I will have eggs and toast for breakfast, yogurt with fruit for a snack, a turkey sandwich for lunch, some fruit for a snack, and chicken, brown rice and broccoli for dinner, just as an example.
This is an overview of the senior exercise, health and fitness programs. As far as senior exercise goes, the basics include flexibility, stabilization training (core, balance), strength training (resistance), and cardiovascular training.
1) Flexibility: As you get older, you lose elasticity of joints and connective tissue, therefore it is paramount to do active and dynamic stretches to warm up your joints before you begin exercises.
2) Stabilization Training: The first phase of training is designed to prepare the body for the demands of higher levels of training that may follow as you increase in stabilization. This level is crucial for all seniors, because balance and proprioception decrease with age. Stabilization Training for seniors also focuses on…
- correcting muscle imbalances,
- improve stabilization of the core musculature,
- prevent tissue overload by preparing muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints for the upcoming imposed demands of training,
- improve overall cardio respiratory and neuromuscular condition, and
- establish proper movement patterns and exercise technique
3) Strength Training: The second phase of training is designed to increase the amount of stress the body can handle. This is a necessary progression from stabilization for anyone who wishes to increase caloric expenditure, muscle size, muscle strength and bone mineral density. Strength Training for seniors also focuses on…
- increase the ability of the core musculature to stabilize the pelvis and spine under heavier loads, through increased ranges of motion,
- increase the load bearing capabilities of muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints,
- increase the volume of training with more reps, sets and intensity,
- increase metabolic demand and induce cellular changes in muscle (i.e… weight loss and or hypertrophy),
- increase motor unit recruitment (overall strength, endurance strength, and maximal strength)
4) Cardiovascular Training: The goal here is to improve cardio respiratory efficiency and overall condition. Cardiovascular fitness creates a strong aerobic base to build on by increasing the amount of oxygen you can intake.
Code Green Fitness is here to redefine you with our senior exercise, health and fitness programs. You’ve got the goal and we’ve got the solution, so together we can’t lose. Senior exercise, health and fitness involves eating well-balanced, nutritious meals, and various forms of exercises that will help you gain muscle, lose fat, and increase your performance. Whatever your need, whatever your goal, whatever your desire is, Laguna Beach Fitness will help you get there, guaranteed. With us, your senior exercise, health and fitness program cannot fail!
For more information on our Senior Exercise, Health, and Fitness Programs call (949) 697-2364